Tuesday, April 22, 2008

a note from 48th & hazel, west phila.


sometimes, we just want to sit & read about someone else's life..pop in, see what's up..we feel this need to look into the everyday moments of other people's lives..live vicariously you might say..not nosy, nor intrusive..just curious to see how another person is doing, where they traveled to, a new idea they may have, what the kids are up to & well, just about anything else you could think of..sometimes though, we need to pick up the phone & say hello..
so here is the rundown of what's happenin' in west philly...
its spring!..it was really nice driving home tonight..the leaves on the trees are really starting to come in, giving this lush new green feeling to the entire neighborhood..
kate made a taco salad for supper & i added the lettuce and cilantro from our new roof-top garden..zolani is doing really well- 22 pounds!..experimenting with various solid foods but he still likes snuggling with his momma!..kate is busy with her editing & tutoring & as the sun shines more each day, my phone is ringing more often..slowly but surely, 4815 is taking decent shape & mom - you would be proud..we are having a porch/yard sale next saturday and im finally selling part of my 'collection'!!..but the basement may tell another tale, ive been working on turning it into a studio for my work & can see it becoming a nice space, but thats where the last stronghold of 'stuff' can be found..
oh yeah, delia.. right at the moment, she's grounded. yeah..i do.. i ground my dog..banished to her bed..
here's the story..
i had a long day on monday..left for harrisburg early and got home late..kate had text me saying that a 'delightful surprise' waited for me when i got home..said she was going out for a walk..while she was gone, delia ate an entire plate of freshly cooked brownies!..& they were for me!..& the icing on the cake was that kate only went out for a walk to pick flowers to put on top of the brownies! ahhhhhhhhhhh!..
we love this dog..she's awesome with zolani & she's a generally a really good dog..freaky sometimes..has staring contests that she wins often...but eating all of my brownies?

5 comments:

Mark and Sue Noble said...

Awesome blog spot. Now you need to add family to the blog. When I get a chance, I will add you to ours. Today looks like another beautiful day. Lilianna and I are heading the theater and then I am heading to Perry County. I will call you on my travels. Have an awesome day. xoxo Aunt Sue

The Bolzes said...

Greetings, Dan and Kate-
thinking of your entire fmaily often.

Karen & all

Bruce and Deb said...

Proof - -Chocolate does not kill dogs ;-) Thanks for blogging!!

Alexis McAllister said...

Hello to all! Danny - a blast from the past...back to your WPHS days...just wanted to say hello. Kristen (Anderson) shared your parent's blog site with "the gang" so if you haven't heard from her yet, you probably will soon, and maybe a few others. Very glad to hear that life is good at 48th & Hazel. Very sorry to hear what your dear mom is going through, but it sounds like she is a fighter. When Kristen shared the link to the site, I sat and read the entire blog that night. Your parents and family are quite an inspiration. Having just lost my grandmother to lung cancer in December, I can somewhat empathize with the difficulty that comes seeing a dear loved one struggle, but you guys are amazing, and have lifted my spirits. Life is good here in Mechanicsburg too. Hubby Clay and son Noah(4), daughter Avery (2) keep me on my toes. We too enjoy hearing from friends (old and new) and finding out about the exciting endeavors of others - drop us a line sometime! Take care!
Alexis (Reisinger) McAllister

Summer and Mark Bolt said...

Hi,
I already wrote this once, then realized I had to make a user name, and it erased my message! =)
just wanted to say hi!
we understand about the dogs eating sweets! we have started putting sweets and bread at the highest place in the kitchen, on top of the fridge, while we are gone so they can't get it =)
we got a new puppy. joman got hit by a car =( sad day (month) for us, but we got a new little baby =)
glad to see ya on here! i should call more often,
love,
us